1) Bruce Springsteen: “Wrecking Ball” comes in at No. 1 on the Billboard 200, dethroning Queen Adele; Springsteen delivers a keynote at SXSW that instantly takes on mythical status, and then puts on a show that leaves people breathless. Forever and always The Boss.
2) One Direction: Need any proof boy bands are back? The Wanted is at No. 4 on the Billboard Hot 100 and 1D, as the Directioners call them, are slated to make music history next week when “Up All Night” bows at No. 1 on the Billboard 200, making it the first debut album by a British band to EVER come in at No. 1 on the album chart. Take that, Fab Four.
3) Britney Spears: She allegedly turns down $10 million to appear on “The X Factor.” Looks like Simon Cowell is going to have to hit her, baby, one more time... with an extra $10 million.
4) SXSW: The annual Austin music fest draws more than 2,000 bands and at least 4,000 bloggers claiming to have discovered the next big thing... only to declare the act "over" by the next morning
5) ”Marley”: The long-awaited biopic on Bob Marley, which has passed through many directors’ hands before Kevin Madconald wrangled it, is, as it absolutely must, coming out on 4/20.
6) Flaming Lips: The Oklahoma band’s musical based on their album “Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots” gets an official premiere slot this fall at the La Jolla (Calif.) Playhouse. Up next: “Chocolate Starfish and the Hotdog Flavored Water: The Musical.”
7) Rolling Stones: They’re the only ones cool enough to delay celebrating their 50th anniversary until they are 51. #Waitingonafriend
8) Wiz Khalifa: His “Taylor Allderdice” mixtape proves so popular that it crashes the website. Wow, who knew Amber Rose was such a draw?
9) Turntable.fm: After operating in a legal gray area, the online music service finalizes deals with the four major record companies. Now you can play D.J. and bore all your friends legally.
10) Billy Corgan: The Smashing Pumpkins’ founder praises the ‘90s for producing better bands and calls today’s artists posers at SXSW. And, by the way, get off his damn lawn!